What is the Entity Framework?
• Entity Framework (EF) is an object-relational mapping (ORM) framework for the .NET Framework.
• It abstracts the relational (logical) schema of the data that is stored in a database and presents its conceptual schema to the application.
• Entity Framework (EFv1) was included with .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 released on 11 August 2008
• The second version of Entity Framework, named Entity Framework 4.0 (EFv4), was released as part of .NET 4.0 on 12 April 2010
• A third version of Entity Framework, version 4.1, was released on April 12, 2011
1.Basically the Entity Data Models that are built using the Entity Framework. It is going to be the centerpiece of communications with several technologies.
2.This enables developers to “model” the data for their application without changing the actual database
For more details of this topic, please read this article