Asp.net MVC has shipped to public with .net f/w 3.5 i.e. with VS 2008 and after onward so much new features has been added.
Now asp.net mvc has been matured and most powerful technology to develop any web application. So just we will see the main features of each version
1. Released date: 13-Mar-2009
2. Came with .net f/w 3.5 and VS 2008
3. MVC architecture with Web form engine
4. Routing concept implemented first time.
5. HTML Helpers
6. Ajax Helpers
7. Auto binding
2. Asynchronous Controller
3. Html helper method with lambda expression
4. Data Annotations attributes
5. Client Side Validation
6. Custom Template
8. Came with VS 2008 Sp1 in 10 mar-2010.
2. Razor view engine
3. Global Filter
4. Remote Validation
5. Dependency resolver for IOC
7. Came with VS 2010 in 13-Jan-2011
1. Mobile project template
2. Bundling and magnification
3. Support for Window Azure SDK
4. Came with .net F/w 4.0 and 4.5 in 15-Aug-2012
1. It came with VS 2013 in Oct 2013
2. One Asp.net
3. New Web Project experience
4. Asp.net Identity
5. Bootstrap Template
6. Attribute routing
7. Asp.net Scaffolding
8. Authentication Filter
9. Filter Overrides.
1. ASP.NET MVC and Web API have been merged in to one.
2. Dependency injection is inbuilt and part of MVC.
3. Side by side – deploy the runtime and framework with your application
4. Everything packaged with NuGet, Including the .NET runtime itself.
5. New JSON based project structure.
6. No need to recompile for every change. Just hit save and refresh the browser.
7. Compilation done with the new Roslyn real-time compiler.
8. vNext is Open Source via the .NET Foundation and is taking public contributions.
9. vNext (and Rosyln) also runs on Mono, on both Mac and Linux today.
10. It came with VS 2015